The Annual "Lou Kvetches About Homecoming Kickoff Time" Thread

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

leapinlou

Stalking Players' Families Since 1985

#2 [url]

Jun 2 17 3:50 AM

Those Sons of Bitches! They did it to me again. Looks like 6 of 7 home games will be Taylor ham, egg, and cheese on my grill. Boo.

I wish the UW game was at 6 instead of 8. If we're getting crushed at halftime, the stadium is going to clear out.

I'll tell you what. Given that the Nebraska start time is 3:30 PM, I would highly recommend for those of you that have never been there to consider making that trip. I'm planning something non-RU for the Fall or I would strongly consider going back.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jun 2 17 4:30 AM

leapinlou wrote:
I'll tell you what. Given that the Nebraska start time is 3:30 PM, I would highly recommend for those of you that have never been there to consider making that trip. I'm planning something non-RU for the Fall or I would strongly consider going back.

Ditto what Lou says...I'd consider going back too, but I'm planning on going to Illinois instead this year...

Quote    Reply   

scoopdave

#7 [url]

Jun 2 17 5:17 AM

Shockingly found a 3 pound loaf of Taylor Pork Roll in our local Publix supermarket. There was no price tag. The butcher said since it took him so long to find the price he sold a $23 item to my wife for $17. Nothing better on a fresh roll, cooked in butter with the mandatory radius cut to alleviate " curling", with some Gulden's Mustard.

Quote    Reply   

rc95

Posts: 22,880 My kingdon for a wheel route (since I left mine at home)
Mod of Slime
Drunk

#9 [url]

Jun 2 17 5:21 AM

scoopdave wrote:
And, it looks like the Sept 30 Ohio State game will be a 8 PM start.

Have to account for the halftime departure when calculating the time needed to sober up.

Quote    Reply   

elgreco

#12 [url]

Jun 2 17 8:53 AM

twizzlerman wrote:
rc95 wrote:
What is "Taylor ham"?
Something only people in North Jersey eat...It's almost like pork roll... We're bananas for TP!

And champagne is white wine.

Quote    Reply   

georgestreet

Substitute Jack

#14 [url]

Jun 2 17 9:35 AM

Matty's post reminded me that the game is also a special day for Benedictine sisters. These nuns wear white (instead of gray) because they are a twice-reformed order of post-reform Benedictines, although they would not want to be thought of as being aligned with either Trappist or Cistercian principles.

You don't need to know what that means. God Himself is still trying to figure it out.

Quote    Reply   

mrmagoo

#15 [url]

Jun 2 17 11:39 AM

Scoop, you live in SC. Can you find a decent roll there. 'Cause I'll tell ya, the bread in MD sucks to a guy who grew up on fresh bread from Barbero's (my favorite) or Italian Peoples' bakeries. A mediocre roll ruins an otherwise great sandwhich.

Quote    Reply   

leapinlou

Stalking Players' Families Since 1985

#16 [url]

Jun 2 17 8:46 PM

Have to account for the halftime departure when calculating the time needed to sober up.

Truer words were never spoken.  I'm going to really have to stop at 6:30.  

God bless the Jews - they got this game pushed to night time instead of noon. We're bananas for TP!

Quote    Reply   

scoopdave

#17 [url]

Jun 2 17 9:32 PM

Magoo, I hear you. The Philadelphia/ New York bread is the best. Unless of course we are talking croissant 🥐 in Paris. There, I favor Des Gâteaux et du Pain 20/20 That same Publix makes a French hamburger bun that suffices, use it for pork roll and hamburgers.

Quote    Reply   

mrmagoo

#18 [url]

Jun 4 17 9:33 AM

scoopdave wrote:
Magoo, I hear you. The Philadelphia/ New York bread is the best. Unless of course we are talking croissant 🥐 in Paris. There, I favor Des Gâteaux et du Pain 20/20

What does Harbaugh favor?

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help