Saturday: Interesting CMO read, Politi not so much

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

mrtreeman

Posts: 4,944 uncertain, guilt-ridden, and basically miserable

#2 [url]

1 man is getting paid more than a university in the B1G. Sure, lifeboat, and all, but 1 guy is getting paid more than Rutgers. That's treating the University un-squarely, imo.

Quote    Reply   

bigeastbob

#4 [url]

Yes, RU  was in desperate straits and fortunate to get out of the AAC.

Yes, RU benefitted the B1G.

Yes, RU was taken advantage of.

Yes, I'm tired of the same old same old.

As the wise philosopher said: it is what it is.

This article will be re-run for the next 4 years-- or is it 5?

Quote    Reply   

mrtreeman

#6 [url]

I can't say whether he is a good recruit to get to commit or not, but I watched his 6 minutes of film and it's clear he is an upgrade over laviano. Is that progress? I don't know.

Quote    Reply   

scoopdave

#7 [url]

Hot damn, we got the undersized California QB, we overcame the tempting allure of playing at Columbia's Robert K. Kraft Field at Lawrence A. Wien Stadium .

Then I read today about Harbaugh's Italy trip with the team, totally paid for by one alum. Next year, going to London, Paris, and Normandy.

How do you compete with THAT??

Quote    Reply   

mrtreeman

#9 [url]

Politi's response to responses from his article:

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2017/06/big_ten_fans_have_a_new_hobby_hating_rutgers_polit.html#incart_river_index

He wrote better than what I could: "Delany has made it abundantly clear that a deal is a deal. But finances play a role in everything in college athletics. If Delany cringes when a 78-0 game is on his prized Big Ten Network, he should remember that he didn't exactly make life easier in Piscataway."

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help