scoopdave

#2 [url]

Jun 4 17 12:01 AM

Couple years before I pledged TKE, a brother fell to his death from the fire escape at 15 Union Street. Only conclusion drawn was accidental with mild intoxication. And it did not occur during hazing, mine in 1965 had no physical or forced binge drinking elements. Some other houses went into some of that. Not one change was made to alcohol policies which at the time was beer only no hard liquor. By my Senior year, it was all but forgotten . I think the guys first name was Gordon.

Quote    Reply   

rc95

Posts: 22,880 My kingdon for a wheel route (since I left mine at home)
Mod of Slime
Drunk

#3 [url]

Jun 5 17 2:03 AM

The Piazzas also asked for people to be fired, including one who assured parents there was no hazing at Penn State, and the athletics department official who was living at the chapter house and was there the night of Piazza’s death. “You must do the right thing, NOW,” they wrote. “ … The world is watching.”

That more or less sums it all up right there.

Quote    Reply   

leapinlou

Stalking Players' Families Since 1985

#4 [url]

Jun 6 17 12:00 AM

I was at an orientation function for my daughter last week. A dozen seniors graduating the program spoke and told the kids where they were going to college. One of the kids said "I'm Kevin and I'm going to Penn State. We Are!"

Man was I tempted to start peppering that kid with questions about his knowledge of Sandusky and this hazing incident and why still so proud to be going to Penn State. But I said nothing.

My point is we live in a very strange world where Penn State could have a freaking zombie apocalypse confined to State College and people would still think it's heaven on Earth.

Quote    Reply   

elgreco

#5 [url]

Jun 6 17 2:37 AM

Lou: when i accepted RU, our neighbors asked how i could with RU supporting organizations that support apartheid? I was like What? Little Steven won't play Sun City, but that's all i knew about that.

Quote    Reply   

rc95

Mod of Slime
Drunk

#9 [url]

Jun 6 17 5:57 AM

I think it's pretty good casting. He'll be good at showing the many sides of a complex personality.

Quote    Reply   

mrmagoo

#10 [url]

Jun 6 17 7:23 AM

rc95 wrote:
I think it's pretty good casting. He'll be good at showing the many sides of a complex personality.

Perhaps, if he doesn't overact, which is pretty much all he's done since Glengarry Glenross. Subtlety is not his strong suit of late. Or for the past 20 years.

I hope on one from PSU is involved in any way with this production, and in fact the producers and writers hate the Penn State culture. But I fear JoPa will be shown very sympathetically.

Quote    Reply   

rc95

Mod of Slime
Drunk

#13 [url]

Jun 6 17 7:53 PM

I suspect the film will depict Paterno as a tragic hero in the traditional sense of that term -- rise, fall and demise.

AFAIK Barry Levinson has no particular connection to PSU. His roots are in Baltimore, for whatever that's worth.

Quote    Reply   

scoopdave

#17 [url]

How do you do retro when the unis haven't changed in 60 years?

I see pedophilic and booze themed parade floats all over the internet. Dumb shits at TTFP just don't get it.

Last Edited By: scoopdave . Edited 1 time.

Quote    Reply   

ruinsane

Division 3 player with a Division 1 scholarship

#20 [url]

mrtreeman wrote:
Did USA today go pay only? I get a subscribe link

I got that as well. I clicked on the ad, then when the new page loaded, I just clicked the USA Today logo in the upper left and it brought me into the normal site

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help